The farmers on the 6th of February decided for “Chakka Jam”. We bring to you all about the “Chakka Jam”
- The roads of Punjab & Haryana are blocked.
- The farmer’s ‘Chakka Jam’, or road blockade, commenced at noon on Saturday.
- The blockade is taking place in other parts of the NCR, and the rest of the country.
- The Delhi Police has increased the security arrangements at all border points in Delhi.
- The police have constructed multi-layer barricades to stop the movement of vehicles at the Ghazipur border.
- Even after a lot of criticism, the Barbed wires are still there and have also been put up to keep off people on foot.
- The Haryana Police has also increased security measures in a bid to maintain law and order.
- The Police officers have been asked to personally supervise security and traffic arrangements at vital junctions and roads while district police chiefs have been directed to ensure deployment of adequate personnel, according to an official communication issued to them.
- The Capital of India becomes the Chhaawani with more than 50,000 Security personnel, Drone Cameras, and other safety gear.
- The farmer unions protesting against the Government’s three farm laws have called for a countrywide ‘chakka jam’ on Saturday.
- As per the farmer Union’s plan, they will block all national, state highways to re-revive their agitation diminished by the violence that took place in Delhi during the tractor rally on January 26.
- The Delhi Police has deployed additional measures and is taking extra precautions, including tightening security and intensifying vigil at the city’s border points, to deal with any situation emerging out of the ‘chakka jam’.
- The announcement for countrywide “chakka jam” on February 6 was made on February 1st by the farmers Union and declared that they would block national and state highways from 12 pm and 3 pm to protest the internet ban in areas near their agitation sites, harassment allegedly meted out to them by authorities and other issues.
50 people are detained in Delhi for protesting in support of farmers.
In between this, Congress leader KC Venugopal is asking questions like “They’re harassing farmers, how can a democratic govt act like this?’
The Congress leader also accused the government of harassing farmers by cutting their water and electricity supply at sites of protest.
While in a conversation with ANI, he said “Farmers are on the streets for about 71 days now, they’re still struggling. On one hand, the government is ready for talks, while on other hand they’re withdrawing water connection, electricity connection. They’re harassing farmers, how can a democratic govt act like this?”
Police clearing protesters from the highway near Hyderabad.
- Finally after more than 3 hours Chakka Jam Ends, no violence or chaos was recorded.
- Rakesh Tikait gave an ultimatum to the government, which says they have time till 2nd October to repeal the 3 farm laws.
Hope the government and farmers comes to a common consensus soon and there is a happily ever after for all. That’s all about the “Chakka Jam” on the 6th of February 2021.