Until now we thought that American Presidents are the coolest. They have got specialised vehicles, high-tech aircraft & highly trained guards at their service. But Hey! Indian President and Prime Ministers aren’t that bad as well. This is how they roll when it comes to Z-level security.
The Indian Supreme Leaders have a specially designed aircraft for them. It is called “Air India One” and here are all the facts that you need to know about the luxurious ride.
- The Air Craft is run by Air India, only for serving President, Vice President & Prime Minister of India. Currently, there are 5 such aircraft.
- The Air India One flight is named as “Flight No. AI-1” always. It is manufactured by Boeing. Its model is Boeing 747-400, which is one of the biggest aircraft produced.
- The Specialised aircraft is operated by 2 pilots, has additional 2 pilots on board at all times. It has an unofficial staff of 8 pilots on aircraft.
- The plane encompasses luxurious facilities like VVIP Suites, a bedroom, a lounge, a six-seater office, satellite phones and many more.
- Technologies like Missile Alert & counter-measure defence systems are amongst the unique features of this aircraft.
- Being the ride of VVIPs, security for the plane is always on high priority. The Special Protection Groups exercise swab tests on every switch and lever in the cockpit.
- Currently, Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jets are being used for state visits and medium to long haul visits.
The New Members of Air India One Family:
Air India One is also adding 2 more advanced aircraft of model Boeing 777, specifically for long haul trips. They have some undisputable features:
- The aircraft will be able to store food for 2000 people.
- It will have air-to-air refuelling facilities for emergency purposes.
- The said aircraft will have varied modes of communication including mobile and satellite phones specially customized to connect with on-ground airline officials.
- Equipped with an inbuilt operation theatre, the aircraft will have a 24×7 medical staff available on board.
- Security of the Supremes is a priority and hence the aircraft will be equipped with LAIRCM (Large Aircraft Infrared Counter-Measures) & SPS (Self-Protection Suites). This will enable the aircraft with an overall RF-Laser-EO protection shell. This individual technology will cost Air India $190 million.
- Not only this, the air crafts will surpass the security measures being equipped with AIDEWS (Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite) & CMDS (Counter-Measures Dispensing System).
- It will also include a 12 guardian laser transmitter assemblies & missile warning sensors.
Well, now you know how lavish & high-tech is the aerial ride of nation’s leaders.
Hum bhi kisi se kam nahi..