In a shocking incident reported from Indore, Madhya Pradesh, a fire erupted inside a popular multi-storey hotel ‘Papaya Tree’ located on Rau road, with as many as 40 guests trapped inside. In the immediate aftermath, 40 trapped guests were rescued by the authorities, with at least 4 of them hospitalized. The blazing fire was caught on cam by locals outside the hotel, visuals of which are going viral.

The fire, which started in the restaurant area on the ground floor, quickly spread to the upper floors of the five-storey building, leaving over 35 guests trapped in their rooms.

As the flames engulfed the building, the situation quickly turned dire, and the guests were left with no choice but to tie knots of bed sheets and hang through the windows to escape. The alarm failed to sound due to a sudden electricity disconnection, leaving the guests in the dark about the danger they were facing.

“The fire broke out from the ground floor to the second floor of the hotel. During this, around eight people suffered suffocation due to smoke, out of which four people were sent to the hospital,” Fire Brigade Superintendent of Police (SP) R S Nigwal was quoted by news agency ANI.

The Facts of the Matter

When one thinks of a hotel stay, an image of relaxing by the pool, or having a sumptuous dish in the restaurant would come to mind. However, hotels can also become cramped spaces with no way to go when a fire erupts and no fire safety measures are put in place. A fire can spread quickly in a hotel due to its large size, complex layout, and multiple occupancy, making it difficult for guests to escape and for firefighters to control the blaze.

Something similar was reported from Madhya Pradesh, Indore, where a multi-storey hotel ‘Papaya Tree’ erupted in flames due to an unconfirmed cause, putting the lives of at least 30-40 guests at risk. The fire broke out earlier on Wednesday morning, at the Rau road-based hotel.


Also Read: Atleast 20 Killed as Bus Crashed in Saudi, Burst into Flames


8 Suffered Suffocation, 4 Hospitalised

Speaking to ANI, Fire Brigade Superintendent of Police (SP) R S Nigwal was quoted saying, “The fire broke out from the ground floor to the second floor of the hotel. During this, around eight people suffered suffocation due to smoke, out of which four people were sent to the hospital.”

According to reports, in no time chaos erupted in the hotel, as fire tenders were rushed to rescue the trapped guests. The situation escalated to a point where guests were rescued by authorities who broke the window glasses.


Also Read: Gwalior Drama: Drunk Woman Climbs on Moving Car Bonnet, Dances, Bullies Locals | Video


Guests were Made to Climb Down Bedsheet

As per the accounts of eyewitnesses, some people were forced to tie the bed sheets inside their bedrooms, hang it outside their room, to somehow make it to the ladder that helped them come down to safety.

“We took out the people by breaking the window glasses. A crane was also called to take out the people from the hotel, but when it was not fruitful, therefore, the people were taken out with the help of rope and ladder,” R S Nigwal said.


Also Read: Chennai Female Influencer Arrested for of Stealing Jewels to Sustain Extravagant Lifestyle, Asked Cops for This One Thing


Fire Broke Out in Cafeteria

While the cause of the fire breaking out has still not been reported, it is said that the fire erupted in the cafeteria and soon engulfed the entire hotel. With as many as 60 rooms, the hotel saw the destruction of its two storeys.

Video here

 

Follow Us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Flipboard | Google News