A day after his arrest, LeT Commander Nadeem Abrar was killed in an encounter a day after his arrest. The incident reportedly occurred in Jammu & Kashmir’s Srinagar district’s Parimpora region. The security forces were able to recover several incriminating materials such as firearms (2 AK-47 rifles), ammunitions and more.


After back-to-back incidents of terrorism activities in the U/T, the joint team of CRPF and J&K Police on June 28, Monday arrested Lashkar-e-Taiba’s (LeT) top commander Nadeem Abrar from Bugdam district’s Narbal region. The police claimed it received tip off on the LeT commander’s movement.

Also Read: J&K Special Police Officer, Wife & Daughter Killed by JeM Terrorists at Pulwama


Just a day after his arrest, LeT commander Nadeem Abrar and a Pakistani citizen were killed in an encounter with the security forces at the Parimpora region. According to the police, Abrar was arrested by the joint effort of Kashmir police and CRPF during a vehicle checking at Parimpora. After his arrest, he Abrar was interrogated.

During the interrogation, the security forces made the terrorist reveal several details of his base. According to the police, the LeT commander told them where he had kept his AK-47 rifle in the Maloora region.

Also Read: Two Bomb Explosions Rock Jammu; Drones Used in First of Its Kind Attack

How the arrest took place

The security force of J&K received a valuable tipoff on terrorists carrying attack on the highways. Given the serious nature of the tipoff, the Kashmir police and the CRPF swung into action. They set up check posts on the highway which comprised of Kashmir police and CRPF men.

According to the Kashmir police spokesperson, on the Parimpora check post, a vehicle was nabbed and was asked to produce identity. The person in the backseat tried opening his bag to take a grenade out. However, the police got the better of the man in the backseat and he was taken to custody. After removing his mask, the police identified that the man was indeed Abrar – the top LeT commander. The spokesperson also said that Abrar also possessed some hand grenades and a pistol.

Also Read: Against All Odds: Kerala’s Anie Siva Becomes Sub Inspector Where She Once Sold Lemonades

Interrogation after arrest

After his arrest, was on the receiving end of a sustained interrogation by CRPF, Army men and J&K Police. During the interrogation, he revealed that an AK-47 is kept in his house at Maloora region. To recover the weapon, the police took him to his house.

Search Party Makes it to Abrar’s House, Gets Attacked

The party sealed off the respective region and made its way into Abrar’s home. However, another associate of Abrar, about whom the police had receive no information about, fired at the party. A gun fight ensues where 3 CRPF men got injured. On the other side, Abrar, who was accompanying the search party, also got shot.

Also Read: Rave Party Busted: Ex-Bigg Boss Contestant and Bollywood Artists Arrested in Nashik

3 CRPF Men Injured, Reinforcement Called, Gun Battle Continues

The police made sure that the injured CRPF personnel were evacuated quickly and meanwhile, reinforcement was called and the search party took position again. Soon the trio of Kashmir Police, CRPF and Army made a cordon and the gun battle continued.

“Big success for us”: IGP Vijay Kumar

Soon, the terrorist who was firing from the house was shot dead. Meanwhile, from the CRPF’s side it was an assistant commandant, a sub-inspector and a constable that were injured during the encounter. After the gunfight, Kashmir Zone IGP Vijay Kumar took to Twitter and wrote, Top LeT commander Nadeem Abrar #arrested. He was involved in several #killings. Big success for us,” a tweet by Kashmir Zone Police quoted IGP Vijay Kumar as saying.