OnePlus has launched its OnePlus Fitness Band aimed to give Mi Band a run for its money. Today OnePlus finally dipped its toes in the wearable ecosystem waters with its fitness band. For tech enthusiasts, the OnePlus Fitness Band would resemble extremely close to the Oppo Band.
The feature sheet on the OnePlus Band packs all the features one might expect from a device at the price point it’s released in (Rs. 2,499). The OnePlus Band comes with a 1.1-inch AMOLED display, SpO2 monitoring, sleep monitoring, and heart rate tracking.
Although there’s no GPS in the fitness tracking device, the OnePlus band does come with a connected GPS feature. It also comes with an IP68 certification meaning it could be worn while swimming. OnePlus claims 14-day battery life on a single charge on the band.
This is the new face of fitness pic.twitter.com/N5NgHzmQOE
— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) January 11, 2021
CEO of OnePlus in his release statement said, “The OnePlus Band is the youngest addition to our portfolio and we are excited to bring our first-ever wearable product to our community. It embodies our burdenless design philosophy while offering the latest technology to our users. With its dual-coloured styling and exceptional features, the OnePlus Band is versatile in both style and use. It also furthers our vision of building a seamlessly connected ecosystem and we are positive that the OnePlus Band will prove to be a truly remarkable smart addition for our community.”
OnePlus now is a strong contender in dethroning the already popular Xiaomi Mi Band and packs a plethora of activity modes.
This is the list of the modes in OnePlus Band:
- Outdoor running
- Indoor running
- Fat burn run
- Outdoor walking
- Outdoor cycling
- Indoor cycling
- Elliptical trainers
- Rowing machine
- Pool swimming
- Free training
Here are all the specifications of the OnePlus Fitness Band:
- Display: 1.1-inch AMOLED color touchscreen, 126 x 294 resolution
- Dimensions and weight: 40.4 x 17.6 x 11.95mm, 22.6g (with strap)
- Colors and materials: PC plastic case, TPU strap, Black/Navy/Tangerine Grey
- Water resistance rating: 5ATM
- Sensors -3-axis accelerometer and gyroscope, Heart rate sensor, SpO2 sensor, NFC, Connected GPS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer, Proximity sensor, Digital MEMS microphone
- Battery: 100mAh, 4-day battery life (advertised)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Compatibility: Android 6.0 and above, iOS 10.0
- Exercise Modes: Outdoor Run, Indoor Run, Fat Burn Run, Outdoor Walk, Outdoor Cycling, Indoor Cycling, Elliptical Trainer, Rowing Machine, Cricket, Badminton, Pool Swimming, Yoga, Free Training
OnePlus is also going to launch its first smartwatch later this year. CEO Lau himself confirmed the rumours through his Twitter handle.