A teen in Turkey who got admitted in hospital for stomach pain, got a 3-foot-long charging cable stuck in his stomach removed by surgeons at hospital. The cringe-worthy incident reported from Turkey was recently reported by Mirror, and occurred in Diyarbakir, south-eastern Turkey. The 15-year-old boy got admitted to the Firat University Hospital in Elazig, 3 hours away from his city’s hospital, following which a surgery was performed on the teen.
According to reports, the teen was rushed to the hospital after he developed symptoms of nausea and agonizing stomach ache. Some primary tests and an x-ray showed that the boy was moving around with a plastic-coated object in his stomach, waiting to be digested or be plucked out by an external force.
The boy was immediately put in an ambulance, and was rushed to the Firat University Hospital, three hours away from his hometown. The specialists at the hospital took a look at the boy’s reports, and were shocked as to how the boy gulped down the plastic-coated object.
Soon, gastroenterologist Yasar Dogan and his team of experts conducted an endoscope procedure, and pulled out a 3-foot-long headphone charging cable from the boy’s stomach.
“After the procedure was successfully concluded, the patient was sent home in good health,” Dr Dogan said after the successful surgery.
The Facts of the Matter
Medicos across the world are often forced to conduct surgeries, where they remove some shocking and potentially dangerous objects from a person’s internal organs. From glass tumbler, to USB cable, doctors have removed some surprising objects from patients’ organs including their stomachs and rectums.
In yet another such incident reported from Turkey, doctors removed a 3-foot-long charging cable from a 15-year-old patient’s stomach. The circumstances under which the teen ingested the cable, remains unclear and unknown.
Teen Develops Agonizing Stomach Ache
According to reports, the 15-year-old teen was rushed to the hospital with the help of his family after he developed symptoms of nausea and agonizing stomach ache. The Diyarbakir-based boy was rushed to a local hospital, where x-ray revealed a long, elongated, plastic-coated object in his stomach. The matter was of great gravity, and the boy was immediately rushed to a better hospital for an advanced treatment.
Doctor Calls for Endoscope Procedure
The boy was put into an ambulance, and taken to the Firat University Hospital in Elazig, which was a 3-hour drive away. At the hospital, another team of doctors took a look at the boy’s reports, and were stunned to see the objects. In-house paderaite gastroenterologist Dr Yasar Dogan immediately called for an endoscope procedure.
Doctor and Team Removes Cable
Dr Dogan and his team of doctors, conducted the procedure, and removed the foreign object. The medicos were shocked to see a hair tie and a long cable waiting to be ingested further or excreted out. After conducting a successful surgery, Dr Dogan took to his social media, and shared pictures of the cable as well as the x-ray reports.
“Had a hard time..”
Speaking to local media, Dr Dogan mentioned how one end of the cable had passed into the small intestine. He also said that the team was astonished at the length of the cable, which when stretched out, was as long as one meter (3 feet).
“We obviously had a hard time removing the cable, as one end of the cable had passed into the small intestine. After the procedure was successfully concluded, the patient was sent home in good health,” Dr Dogan was quoted saying.