There is no such thing as an overnight success. Be it a brand or a person it takes a lot of efforts and hard work to reach the heights. Here is a list of such brands that have put their heart and soul into making it big and becoming the top 10 valuable brands in India according to MoneyControl.
1. HDFC: Housing Development Finance Corporation or popularly known as HDFC bank tops the list of being the most valuable brand in India. Founded by Hasmukhbhai Parekh in 1994 in Mumbai, HDFC’s vision was to be India’s leading financial service provider and the vision is already in concoct of taking place. Today, HDFC leads the Indian e-commerce sector in the market. HDFC is one of the first banks to receive an ‘in principle’ approval by RBI to establish a bank in the private sector. As of now, HDFC has around 5,130 branches across 2,764 cities of India.
2. LIC: LIC or Life Insurance Corporation of India is the leading Insurance firm in India firm last five decades. The company’s motto states ‘Yogakshemam Vahamyaham’ which translates to ‘your welfare is our responsibility’ in English. The headquarters of LIC is in Mumbai, along with eight zonal offices in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bhopal, Kanpur, Hyderabad, Patna, and Mumbai. Currently, LIC has 2000 branches in India along with 14L agents to grow the LIC business in the country. LIC’s main objective is to provide life insurance to every sector of the society and targeting both urban and rural sectors in the process.
3. TCS: One of the top IT giants not only in India but also of the World. Tata Consultancy Services Limited or TCS is one of the ventures of the TATA group. It is one of the leading IT consulting and business solutions companies. Today, TCS has $100 billion, around ₹ 6,65,275 Cr. Of net worth. This makes it the first Indian company to cross this milestone in a decade.
4. Airtel: Airtel or Bharti Airtel Limited provides telecommunication services over 17 countries in Asia and Africa. It is ranked amongst the top 3 mobile services provides globally and is a venture of Sunil Bharti Mittal. Its net worth marks up to $59 million and that’s ₹4,095 million.
5. SBI: SBI or State Bank of India is one of the major public sector banking and financial services sector. SBI works in four major segment retail banking, wholesale, corporate, and other businesses. The bank operates over 190 offices operating in across 36 countries. Apart from all the banking services, SBI also provides financial services like life insurance, mutual funds, credit card, pension fund management, etc.
6. Kotak Mahindra Bank: Kotak Mahindra group has always been India’s one of the most reputed financial institutes. The bank is engaged in services like mutual funds, investment banking, life insurance, stockbroking, etc. The bank has also created its presence internationally with its offices in New York, Singapore, San Francisco, Dubai, Mauritius, etc.
7. Asian Paints: Asian paints is one of the largest paint companies. The company is engaged in manufacturing home décors, selling, and distribution of paints, etc. The company’s major segment is in home improvement and paints. Company’s net worth is ₹8887.56 Cr as of March 2019.
8. Maruti Suzuki: Maruti Suzuki has always been the most trustworthy car manufacturing company for Indians. The company majorly engages in manufacturing, selling, purchasing of motor vehicles components and spare parts. It is the manufacturer of some of the top vehicles of India such as Swift, DZire, Wagon R, etc.
9. Jio: Jio was launch in 2016 and took no time to gain popularity in India. Jio is a venture of Reliance industries providing wireless telecom products and services. The company has grown over the years and has recently launched services like JIO TV, set-up box, WI-FI services, etc. all over the country. It has a net worth of $170 million that is ₹1,148 Cr.
10. ICICI Bank: ICICI or Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India is a private sector bank in India. It engages in providing banking facilitates like retail banking, treasury, wholesale banking, general insurance, life insurance, etc. The bank’s net worth is $490 million that is ₹3,363 Cr.