The Health Ministry has warned people to not download a fake corona vaccine app named CoWIN from the app stores. The Health Ministry has asked people to not share any personal information on the app because it may result in some financial fraud.
Available on app stores, the fake app CoWIN is developed by an unscrupulous person. The name of this app is similar to the official vaccine app announced by the Indian government to track the COVID-19 vaccination process.
The government’s vaccine app called “Co-WIN” is developed to track the COVID-19 vaccination process such as distribution, delivery and registration. But the app is in the final stages of development and hasn’t yet launched on Google play store or any other app store.
The Health Ministry said in a tweet that the official Co-WIN app will be “adequately publicized” on its launch.
Some apps named “#CoWIN” apparently created by unscrupulous elements to sound similar to upcoming official platform of Government, are on Appstores.
DO NOT download or share personal information on these. #MoHFW Official platform will be adequately publicised on its launch.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) January 6, 2021
Everything you need to know about the Co-WIN app
Who will get the corona vaccine first?
The Indian government has approved the emergency use of two COVID-19 vaccines by Bharat Biotech and Serum Institute of India. Initially, the vaccine will be provided to healthcare officials and frontline workers. However, the general public can also register on the app for vaccination.
How to register on the Co-WIN app?
Currently, people can’t download or register on the Co-WIN app. Once the app will be released on the app stores, people can download the Co-WIN app and can register for COVID-19 vaccination. For registration, people will have to upload their photo identification such as an Aadhaar card, Driving License and PAN card on the app.
What are the 5 modules in the Co-WIN app?
The Co-WIN app will have five modules:
- Administrator module – This module is for the administrators who will create the vaccination sessions. After that, the respective vaccinators and managers will get notification about the session.
- Registration module – This module is for people who want to register to get the vaccine. Authorities will upload bulk data for the registration.
- Vaccination module – This module will verify the details of the beneficiary and update their vaccination status.
- Beneficiary acknowledgment module – This module will send SMS to beneficiaries about their vaccination status. The module will also generate QR-based certificates after the vaccination.
- Report module – This module will generate reports about how many vaccine sessions have been conducted, how many people have attended and how many people have dropped out.
The Co-WIN app will also provide real-time data of the temperature of the cold-storages.